MIT Sloan Course Bidding
Waitlist bidding is now CLOSED and the Fall 2017 bidding period has ended
Waitlist results will be posted August 2 at 9am EST
Use your 9-digit MIT ID as your login and password to access the bid system.
Contact email@example.com if you experience difficulty accessing your account.
Joining a class from the waitlist
1. Once the term begins, attend the first class.
2. The faculty or TA will notify you when you get a seat in the class.
3. When you have a confirmed seat, complete the online add process to add the class to your schedule.
4. You will get an email confirming your online add form has been approved.
5. Log in once more to click Submit to Registrar to commit the change to your registration. Your registration is not complete until you take this final step!
Adding and Dropping Classes
1. Once you submit your online registration for the Fall term (late August or early September), you will have access to the Online Add/Drop Form.
2. Complete the form, click Continue to Approval, then click Request Approval
3. You will receive an email when your form has been approved (usually within 1-3 business days).
4. Return to your form and click Submit to Registrar to complete the transaction.
5. Click here for complete instructions.
1. Once the term begins in September, you can request a section swap from the class teaching assistant (TA) or instructor.
2. The TA will notify you if they can accommodate your swap request.
a. In some cases, the section you want may be full. Swaps are usually managed on a first-come/first-served basis by the TA before taking new students from the waitlist.
3. The TA will then reconcile all section swaps with Educational Services; no further action is required for the student
Fall 2017 Course Schedule:
Click the Fall 2017 Schedule link in the left navigation bar for a downloadable Excel file
Fall 2017 Course Notes: Special bidding instructions and important course information
Use the Sloan Course Browser to view the Fall 2017 schedule and projected Spring offerings
Other helpful planning tools:
Course Information Resources for links to a list of eligible leadership electives, closed courses from Fall 2016, sabbatical plans, and more
Search for Courses Sloan Course Syllabi, Descriptions, and Faculty Information
MIT Subject Listing & Schedule: Fall listings available
WebSIS: Pre-registration for non-Sloan classes
To view a copy of your current academic record, please see WebSIS.
See Degree Planning Tools to access audit worksheets by program, track and certificate.