2018 Sloan Innovation Period (SIP)
22 through October 26
Bidding will open Monday,
September 24 at 12 noon EST.
Fall SIP Bidding is reserved for
See the MBA MySloan SIP Site for a complete list of SIP workshops
To view a current SIP
Log in using your MIT KERBEROS username
and password to access your account. Contact email@example.com if you experience difficulty
accessing your account.
Opens 12noon Monday, September 24
Closes 12noon Wednesday, September 26
Round I results posted Thursday,
Opens 12noon Thursday, September 27
Closes 12noon Tuesday, October 2
Round II results posted Wednesday,
Opens 12noon Wednesday, October 3
Closes 12noon Friday, October 12
Add/Drop Round results
posted in real-time
See MySloan for
full Bidding Instructions. Note that the bid system will allow you to bid on
workshops with conflicting schedules.
First Year MBAs:
1. You have 1000 bid points to spend on the following in Round I:
One (1) unit of Ethics -
two (2) workshops, each 0.5 units
One (1) unit of
Leadership - one workshop of 1.0 unit or two workshops of 0.5 units each.
2. If you do not get your first choice in Round I, you will be refunded the point you did not win a seat for another
chance to bid in Round II. Then, you
will be able to add open workshops during the Add/Drop Round (no points necessary). The add/drop round is time sensitive!
3. If there are more bids than seats available, enrollment will
be determined by the number of points bid.
Second Year MBAs:
1. You have 1 bid point to select your preferred SIP Stream in Round I.
If you do not get your first choice in Round I, you will be refunded your 1
point for another chance to bid in Round
II. Then you will be able to add open workshops during the Add/Drop Round (no points necessary). The add/drop round is time sensitive!
2. If there are more bids than seats available, enrollment will
be determined by random lottery.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Students must use the bid system to modify their schedule if
unable to attend so another student can take the seat, especially if the
capacity is 20 or fewer.
2. Waitlists will not be part of the SIP bidding process due to
the brevity of the workshops.
3. You will not receive partial credit for any workshops
partially attended. Students are expected to attend workshops in their entirety
in order to gain credit for the course. This includes workshops that meet over
4. Students may not complete the same SIP workshop twice and
receive credit for both.
5. See a full list of Rules and Regulations here.
MIT Sloan School of Management
Click to contact us about a technical issue!