Fall 2016 MIT Sloan Course Bidding
ADD/DROP Period is now Closed
Waitlist bidding will open on August 1st at 12pm
and close August 8th at 12pm
Waitlist bidding determines your rank on the waitlist for closed classes. Unsuccessful bids from previous rounds do not populate the waitlist! To join a waitlist for a closed (full) class, you must participate in the Waitlist Round. Only courses that have filled or have fewer than 10 seats remaining are eligible for bidding in the waitlist round.
1. You will have 1000 points to spend; there is no limit on how many waitlists you join.
2. 0-point bids are possible during the waitlist round; place those bids first before allocating your other points.
3. Waitlist positions are generated based on priority then points spent.
5. A waitlist position does not guarantee entry into a class. Please see the instructions below for entry into a class from a waitlist.
Joining a class from the waitlist
1. Once the term begins, attend the class.
2. The faculty or TA will notify you when you get a seat in the class.
3. When you have a confirmed seat, complete the online add process to add the class to your Fall schedule.
4. You will get an email confirming your online add form has been approved.
5. Log in once more to click Submit to Registrar to commit the change to your registration. Your registration is not complete until you take this final step!
1. Once the term begins in September, you can request a section swap from the class teaching assistant (TA) or instructor.
2. The TA will notify you if they can accommodate your swap request.
a. In some cases, the section you want may be full. Swaps are usually managed on a first-come/first-served basis by the TA before taking new students from the waitlist.
3. The TA will then reconcile all section swaps with Educational Services; no further action is required for the student.
Use your 9-digit MIT ID as your login and password to access the bid system.
Contact email@example.com if you experience difficulty accessing your account.
Click the Fall 2016 Course Schedule link on the left to access PDF and Excel versions of the schedule.
Fall 2016 Course Notes: Special bidding information, pre-requisites, and permission-only courses
Search Courses Course Syllabi (if available), descriptions, and faculty information
MIT Course Catalog and Descriptions: View course descriptions, schedule, pre-requisites and more
Fall 2016 Bid ScheduleDetailed schedule of bidding rounds and available actions
Undergraduates: Bidding is not required for Sloan Undergraduate courses 15.0111, 15.0341, 15.0621, 15.0791, 15.279, 15.301,15.305, 15.310, 15.312, 15.359, 15.3901, 15.418, 15.4331, 15.4341, 15.4371, 15.501, 15.772, 15.780 and 15.S42. Pre-registration is through WebSIS.
To view a copy of your current academic record, please see WebSIS.
See Degree Planning Tools to access audit worksheets by program, track and certificate.